1. Who are we?
Bopzy, a product of Escher Interactive (a division of Escher Group IRL ltd.) is the Processor of your personal information for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (amendment) Act 2003 (the "Acts" for short) on behalf of the Escher client with which you transact which is known as the Controller. Escher Group (Irl) Limited is a company registered in Ireland, number 445087.
We respect and safeguard the privacy of the users of the Bopzy site ("the website"). This Privacy Statement outlines how we will do this, how we will collect and use your personal information (such as your name, your location, date of birth, your email address, mobile telephone number or other contact details) and how you can limit our use of this.
If you have any questions about your personal data and its use in the context of providing you with the Bopzy service please write to us by registered post at the address below;
The Data Protection Officer
Escher Interactive Services
111 St. Stephen’s Green
Alternatively you can write to use via the Contact Us Form on this website by sending an email to email@example.com. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
2. Data Collection Purposes
Bopzy is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Bopzy services. This Privacy Statement relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us through Bopzy websites.
In order to provide you with the full range of Bopzy services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
This privacy statement explains the following:
1. what information Bopzy may collect about you;
2. how Bopzy will use information we collect about you;
3. when Bopzy may use your details to contact you;
4. whether Bopzy will disclose your details to anyone else;
5. your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, Bopzy is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (amendment) Act 2003 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy Statement as the "data protection laws").
Wherever our websites contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties, they will have their own privacy and cookie policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information submitted by you or collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2.1 What information does Bopzy collect?
When you sign up to a Bopzy website including registering a card or app or for news alerts, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone, mobile number or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Bopzy to provide you with the Bopzy services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine where you are accessing services from and to enable us to re-direct you to an international version of the Bopzy site.
2.2 How will Bopzy use the information they collect about me?
Bopzy will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• for "administration purposes". Bopzy may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
• to provide you with the Bopzy service including loyalty, prepaid and offer services, including assigning an identity to a Bopzy Card during the registration process and to protect and safe guard the contents of a Bopzy Card in the event of loss or damage. Note that the Bopzy Card may be branded for the retailer in which you received the card but will carry the Bopzy symbol;
• to provide rewards and offers to you for the merchant schemes to which you have subscribed
• we may process the data you have given us or that we collect from your usage of your Bopzy Card in order to pass relevant messages to you relating to the retailer schemes to which you have subscribed;
• we may send you regular newsletter communications or alerts about Bopzy marketing activity that you have subscribed to, from which you can unsubscribe at any time; to unsubscribe you can use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided on all email communications or follow opt out directions on any SMS communication
• Bopzy may send you customer service messages which are specific to your account, such as your balance;
• IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
• and to analyse and improve the services offered on Bopzy websites e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
• Where Bopzy proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
2.3 When will Bopzy contact me?
Bopzy may contact you:
1. in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Bopzy can deliver the services to you;
2. where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
3. in relation to any contribution you have made to Bopzy, e.g. nominate a Bopzy merchant;
4. to invite you to participate in surveys about Bopzy services (participation is always voluntary);
5. and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
2.4 Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Bopzy may from time to time contact you for marketing purposes or to promote new services to you. However we will never send you emails requesting you to confirm account information to us by return email or by directing you to a web site.
Bopzy will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have opted in for marketing communications such as push notifications, email and SMS.
You can opt out from any or all of these communication methods at any time. To opt out of push notification visit you phone settings and disable notfications for the Bopzy app. To opt out of email or SMS log in to your customer profile on Bopzy.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.5 Third Party Disclosure
Escher Interactive provides the Bopzy service on behalf of selected merchants. In order to provide you with the Bopzy service you subscribe to these merchants will have access to your card account details. Your personal detail however will not be supplied to parties outside of this relationship.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or for offensive or inappropriate behaviour.
2.6 A note for children
If you are under 16 years of age and do not understand the information set out in this Privacy Statement, please ask a responsible adult to explain it to you before you enter your details.
3. Rights of Access, Rectification and Erasure
3.1 Right of Access
Under section 4 of the Acts you have the right to be given a copy of the personal data we hold on file for you. If you wish to receive a copy of this information please contact us in writing at the address below, outlining your request. In your letter please include details of your full name, a contact address, email address and your Bopzy Card number. A photocopy of your passport or drivers licence should also be enclosed to prove your identity. Please also include a cheque for €6.35 made payable to Escher Group (IRL) ltd. to cover the cost of administering your enquiry.
3.2 Rights of Rectification and Erasure
Under section 6 of the Acts, you have a right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased. To have your personal information corrected or deleted please send a registered letter, to the address below, detailing your request. There is no fee for this service.
Letters, including identification and payment, if required, should be sent by registered post to:
The Data Protection Officer
111 St. Stephen’s Green
All Right of Access, Rectification and Erasure enquiries will be replied to within 40 calendar days of receipt.
4. Cookies Statement - Information Bopzy collects from you
4.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Bopzy card features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
5. Changes to Bopzy’s Privacy Statement
This privacy statement may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to any Bopzy website. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page.
Dublin, September 2014.